Simon Ffrench is a 40 year resident of Simcoe County. He lives with his wife Caroline on 24 acres in Egbert. His two sons and one daughter have graduated university and college and are making their way in their own careers. One son is teaching, one son and daughter in law are running the family Certified Organic Vegetable Farm, Cookstown Greens. and his daughter is soon to join Simon at Atlantis Financial Inc.
In his leisure time, Simon enjoys being outdoors doing anything from farming, going for a long walk with the dogs to golfing, but mostly in the fairer weather, Road Biking. Another interest is entertaining grandchildren on walks at the farm
In their earlier years, Simon and Caroline devoted much of their time on the executives of minor sports clubs in Cookstown and Innisfil. Since 2002, time was spent helping to rejuvenate an organic farming business which provides employment for 9 local and 8 migrant workers. Caroline and Simon have forged some bonds with Gilda’s club of which they have become regular supporters and sponsors
After 7 years in Agricultural sales and marketing and after 8 years in his own Agricultural business, Simon joined Sun Life in the financial services industry. He has received his Life Insurance Licence, Mutual Funds Licence and Certified Financial Planners designation. He formed his own financial planning organization in 1998 and, along with Allan Norman, started Atlantis Financial Inc. in 2000. Working in conjunction with some of Canada’s best advisor organizations and local professionals you can be sure that he provides a broad spectrum of educational and professional planning and investment services of a high standard. With his special vision, enthusiasm for the possible and entrepreneurial nature, Simon has been a very effective advisor for small business owners, farmers and those looking to form a financial and investment portfolio plan for a successful retirement.
Allan Norman, M.Sc., CFP, CIM
I started my career with Sun Life in the summer of 1995 and after two years joined the CIBC. Two years later Simon Ffrench and I created Atlantis Financial Inc.
My approach to planning is to use computer software to make the process fun, engaging, and interactive. My goal is to provide you with the information and experience (through simulation) you need to make confident decisions.
Some of my accomplishments include:
- Attended the Federal budget lock up in 2018 and was published in Macleans Magazine
- A frequent writer for MoneySense magazine
- MoneySense approved financial advisor until the program ended.
- 1st runner up in the national Plan Plus Global Financial Planning Awards (2016)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation 1998
- Canadian Investment Manager (CIM) designation 2000
- Branch manager designation 2002
- Certified Financial Divorce Specialist designation 2015
- Masters of Science, Univeristy of Guelph 1992
- Learned to ride a motorcycle in 2013
- Completed Lee Parks total control advanced riding level 1 and 2
- 3rd place finish in the Barrie ping pong tournament 2012
- I built a cedar strip kayak from scratch
- I have a private pilots license
- I was a nationally ranked sprinter a long time ago – I’m a little slower now.
Some of my more interesting past jobs include: Fishing guide north of Wawa, cabinet maker, picture framer, boiler operator, lift truck operator, and an urban planner.
My wife Caroline and I live in Oro-Medonte and we have two children who about to embark on their careers.
I enjoy wood working, ping pong, sailing, motorcycle adventures, and baking pies.
Let’s Get Started
Let us help you take control of your financial future